SILENT AUCTION – The silent auction books can be found in the glass case on the right as you enter the Pomona Library. Auctions are held from the 1st of the month to the last Saturday of the month. Opening bids are recorded on the matching cards. All raises must be in increments of 50 cents.
March 2014 books:
- Sunset Revised and updated WESTERN GARDEN BOOK (like new) Opening bid: $2.00
- Sports Pages of the Los Angeles Times 1883-1983 (very good) Openind bid: $2.50
- Good Things for Easy Entertaining (like new) Opening bid: $1.00
- A Mystery Mickey Kit: Portrait of a Crime (shrink wrapped, has 32 page book & mystery decoder) Openind Bid: $1.00
- A Taste of San Francisco – receipes from famous San Fran restaurants (like new) Opening Bid: $1.00
- Andretti – Paperback oversize book about famous race car driver (like new) Opending Bid: $2.00
- Sinatra: A Commemorative Tribute, 1st ed. Very good Opening Bid: $1.00
Bargains every one!
APPRAISERS’ DAY @ THE LIBRARY
Thank you to all the wonderful ANA appraisers who donated their time and expertise providing marvelous, thorough evaluations of the many articles brought in on Appraisers Day. The Appraisers National Association has supported us in the past and we look forward to many more such events. Special thanks to ANA President Charolotte Bruno, to long-time Pomona Library supporter, and to talented Gina Capaldi who brought this whole idea to fuition. Many thank to all!
WELCOME FAMILIES to the 48TH LAURA INGALLS WILDER SOCIABLE!!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2014
2:00 – 3:30 PM
Pomona Public Library, 625 S. Garey Ave., Pomona, CA 91767
Entertainment: Popular Craig Newton and his variety of musical instruments
Crafts by Friends of Pomona Public Library: Bonnet making, beaded necklaces, and special craft for the boys! Fun for everyone led by Rebecca Ramos and Friends.
Refreshments provided by Friends of Pomona Public Library.
Pomona Public Library is home to Laura Ingalls Wilders’ original handwritten manuscript of “Little Town on the Prairie” as well as letters written to long-time children’s librarian Clara Webber. Be sure to see this collection housed in the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children’s Room.
We Need You!
FRIENDS OF POMONA PUBLIC LIBRARY is active in raising funds to give needed support for the Pomona Public Library programs & services.
Our all-volunteer organization raises funds through:
- Friends Bookstore in the Library (sales of used books, sales of new citrus reproduction labels and blankets – all donated)
- Monthly used book sales from the parking lot.
- Amazon online used book sales
- Monthly silent auction in the Library
- Basket Raffles
- Special events: Walkathon and Appraisal Day.
JOIN FRIENDS OF POMONA PUBLIC LIBRARY TODAY. HELP US TO SUPPORT THE LIBRARY! The community needs a strong, healthy library!
Membership $10.00 per year. Send your check to: Friends of Pomona Public Library, P.O. Box 2271,Pomona, CA 91769.
Phone us for more information: 909.802.9271
Friends of Pomona Public Library presents
at Pomona Public Library, 625 S. Garey Ave., Pomona 91767
Do you have items you wonder what the value is?
Saturday, February 15, from noon to 3:00 pm
Tickets: $15.00 for two (2) items, additional items $5.00 each. Tickets sold in Friends’ Bookstore in the Library and at the PCR door the day of the event.
If you carry it in, the appraisers can value it!
For more information, contact Friends of Pomona Public Library
phone: 909.802.9271 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday January 22th @ 3:30pm – Cars
Saturday January 25th @ 2:30pm – Pacific Rim
Wednesday January 29th @ 3:30pm – Monsters University
Thanks everyone: sponsors. workers, volunteers and, of course, walkers. You made the 1st Annual Walk-a-thon a success. We hope you will all join us again next year!
Orange crate label reproductions*
On sale now in the Friends’ Bookstore inside the Pomona Public Library – $10.00 each
Matted, protected and ready for framing!
* Donated to the Friends by Randi Marshall