Friends Bookstore in the Library: Hours: Mon – Thurs 2 – 6 pm; Sat. Noon – 4 pm
Easter Basket Raffle tickets $1.00 or 6 for $5.00. See basket in the bookstore. Drawing April 14 at 3 pm
Monthly Silent Auction in the case in the Library. More info: friendspomonalibrary.org.
Sat. – April 5 – Shuttle to the Library from Garey High & Emerson Schools
FREE MOVIE: Animated movie – Cloudy With A Chance of Meat Balls – 2:30 pm Contact Library for details 909-620-2043
Sat. – April 12 – Friends Monthly Sale – entrance from the Library parking. Noon – 4 pm
Mon. – April 14 – Easter Basket Drawing at 3 PM in Bookstore. Buy raffle tickets early!
THURSDAY, APRIL 17 – DINE AT CHILI’S IN MONTCLAIR between 11 am – 10 pm or take out. Chili’s gives 15% to Friends of Pomona Public Library for the Library programs. Download the flyer to your phone [Chili's Flyer PDF] to show Chili’s on April 17 or download the flyer to take with you and give to Chili’s. Thank you for your support!
Sat. – April 26:
- Look for the Friends’ information & child craft table at YMCA Pomona, Holt Ave. Healthy Kids Day – 11:00 am – 3 pm
- FREE SEMINAR by Eunice Russell – topic: How to write a Cover Letter and Resumé and much more – 1:00 – 2:00 pm in Pomona Library PCR
- Shuttle from Garey High and Emerson Schools to the Library! free
- Free Movie: New animated movie for all the family – Frozen. 2:30 pm More info from Library 909-620-2043 or the Friends 909-802-9271
COMING EVENTS! SAVE THE DATES!!
- APRIL 17 (Thursday) CHILI’s in Montclair between 11 am – 10 pm Eat in or take out. Total of your bill earns Friends 15%. Take with you the flyer or your downloaded flyer on your phone to show Chili’s.
- MAY 28 (Wednesday) -25th Library Trivia Bee: $10 entry; Silent Auction by Friends of Pomona Public Library . time: 5:30 pm – location: Ebell Historical on Holt Ave. Pomona
- OCTOBER 11 (Saturday) – 3K Walk-A-Thon “Together We Walk, Together We Read” 10 – 1 pm
POMONA PUBLIC LIBRARY
Saturday, April 26, 2014
1pm until 2pm
Free Seminar, sponsored in part by The Friends of the Pomona Public Library
Eunice Russell: Pomona Public Library Trustee, Board Member Friends of the Pomona Public Library. Business Owner and Community Activist will teach you How To: Write a Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement and so much more and it’s FREE!!!
For further information contact:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Download the flyer [PDF]
SILENT AUCTION – The silent auction books can be found in the glass case on the right as you enter the Pomona Library. Auctions are held from the 1st of the month to the last Saturday of the month. Opening bids are recorded on the matching cards. All raises must be in increments of 50 cents.
March 2014 books:
- Sunset Revised and updated WESTERN GARDEN BOOK (like new) Opening bid: $2.00
- Sports Pages of the Los Angeles Times 1883-1983 (very good) Openind bid: $2.50
- Good Things for Easy Entertaining (like new) Opening bid: $1.00
- A Mystery Mickey Kit: Portrait of a Crime (shrink wrapped, has 32 page book & mystery decoder) Openind Bid: $1.00
- A Taste of San Francisco – receipes from famous San Fran restaurants (like new) Opening Bid: $1.00
- Andretti – Paperback oversize book about famous race car driver (like new) Opending Bid: $2.00
- Sinatra: A Commemorative Tribute, 1st ed. Very good Opening Bid: $1.00
Bargains every one!
APPRAISERS’ DAY @ THE LIBRARY
Thank you to all the wonderful ANA appraisers who donated their time and expertise providing marvelous, thorough evaluations of the many articles brought in on Appraisers Day. The Appraisers National Association has supported us in the past and we look forward to many more such events. Special thanks to ANA President Charolotte Bruno, to long-time Pomona Library supporter, and to talented Gina Capaldi who brought this whole idea to fuition. Many thank to all!
WELCOME FAMILIES to the 48TH LAURA INGALLS WILDER SOCIABLE!!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2014
2:00 – 3:30 PM
Pomona Public Library, 625 S. Garey Ave., Pomona, CA 91767
Entertainment: Popular Craig Newton and his variety of musical instruments
Crafts by Friends of Pomona Public Library: Bonnet making, beaded necklaces, and special craft for the boys! Fun for everyone led by Rebecca Ramos and Friends.
Refreshments provided by Friends of Pomona Public Library.
Pomona Public Library is home to Laura Ingalls Wilders’ original handwritten manuscript of “Little Town on the Prairie” as well as letters written to long-time children’s librarian Clara Webber. Be sure to see this collection housed in the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children’s Room.
We Need You!
FRIENDS OF POMONA PUBLIC LIBRARY is active in raising funds to give needed support for the Pomona Public Library programs & services.
Our all-volunteer organization raises funds through:
- Friends Bookstore in the Library (sales of used books, sales of new citrus reproduction labels and blankets – all donated)
- Monthly used book sales from the parking lot.
- Amazon online used book sales
- Monthly silent auction in the Library
- Basket Raffles
- Special events: Walkathon and Appraisal Day.
JOIN FRIENDS OF POMONA PUBLIC LIBRARY TODAY. HELP US TO SUPPORT THE LIBRARY! The community needs a strong, healthy library!
Membership $10.00 per year. Send your check to: Friends of Pomona Public Library, P.O. Box 2271,Pomona, CA 91769.
Phone us for more information: 909.802.9271
Friends of Pomona Public Library presents
at Pomona Public Library, 625 S. Garey Ave., Pomona 91767
Do you have items you wonder what the value is?
Saturday, February 15, from noon to 3:00 pm
Tickets: $15.00 for two (2) items, additional items $5.00 each. Tickets sold in Friends’ Bookstore in the Library and at the PCR door the day of the event.
If you carry it in, the appraisers can value it!
For more information, contact Friends of Pomona Public Library
phone: 909.802.9271 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday January 22th @ 3:30pm – Cars
Saturday January 25th @ 2:30pm – Pacific Rim
Wednesday January 29th @ 3:30pm – Monsters University
Thanks everyone: sponsors. workers, volunteers and, of course, walkers. You made the 1st Annual Walk-a-thon a success. We hope you will all join us again next year!